If we are talking about the seasons in the island country of New Zealand, it is very random yet tolerable. The southern island is obviously close to the Antarctic region, and that is why it can get quite cold. If you are talking about the northern island, it can be a little warm, because of where it is located. It is very close to Australia. It has been deemed subtropical, because of the amount of trees that it has. It has a very thick forest and is home to all kinds of flora and fauna. Since New Zealand is a country that was actually untouched for millions of years, the flora and fauna that we see on the country is very unique and native to this particular landmass. I am referring to the two islands of New Zealand.
Now, let us start talking about the seasons.
Like the rest of the world, New Zealand sees four seasons.
- The first one would be spring, and it arrives in September or October. The days are a little longer, and it marks the end of the coldest weather. The springtime is usually windy, and the temperature average is around 12°C.
- If we are talking about the summer, it is actually quite cool to mind. It can get a little warm in the North.
- Christmas Day is just after the summer solstice, and the weather is still very unpredictable. The days get a little short around January or February, and the average temperature is around 16° to 17°C.
- If we are talking about autumn, it happens to be the most settled season. In the very far North of the country, the temperature can be around 14°C.
- The winter is very cold indeed. Since New Zealand is a country that is very close to the Antarctic region, it can get quite cold. You get a blast of cold air from the South, and you see a lot of snow as well. The temperature drops below 10°C.
- A lot of individuals have actually said that it is quite possible for you to experience all of the four seasons in one single day because it is so unpredictable in this country. But, I would say that the northern region is way more habitable than the southern, especially when we are talking about the cold.
- If people are immigrating to this country from tropical countries, they should definitely look at the northern island, because of how habitable it is.
- If you are talking about the weather, the northern island weather resembles the rest of the world.
- But, as we all know, the seasons are flipped in countries like Australia and New Zealand, when compared to the rest of the world.